Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I have long been fascinated with lighthouses like many people I'm sure. Recently my wife and I photographed the lighthouse in the picture above, not long after we had lunch with a son of an old friend. It was a joyful occasion. Later in the day I received a message that the husband of another old friend was terminally ill. The image of the lighthouse reminded me of the joys and sufferings we experienced as we shared life together for a short time. And we, like sailors of old who increase hope of a safe haven when they see a lighthouse, hoped for a happy reunion in a life after death with our old friend, because the Light that leads us there, beckons us with joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The lighthouse is such a symbolic image in life itself - we need a lighthouse to guide us in all important choices and decisions. Thanks for this thought-provoking text with a gorgeous photo.